Propose an Exhibition
Who can propose an exhibition
Note: The Galleries are currently booked for the 2019 calendar. Any proposals received will be considered for 2020.
- Proposals are accepted year round. However, the committee reviews artwork submissions twice a year, once in the spring (May) and once in the winter (December) for the following year. All applicants who submit a complete proposal will receive results based on the submission season. Spring submissions notification is in July and winter submissions are in February.
- The Edina Art Center is open to regional artists, curators active in local, national, or international art communities.
- Must be 18 years of age.
- Selection criteria include but are not limited to the following: the quality of the work to be exhibited; how the work will aid in providing a diverse and educational exhibition programming; the potential for community enhancement and innovative content will also be considered. The Exhibition Committee may suggest combining proposals into group shows if the artwork complements one another.
Note: all submissions must be submitted electronically with the exception of the CD for images. The Art Center prefers an online slide share format for submitting and sharing images for the exhibition.
- Contact information, email, address, phone, *website or online portfolio link if available.
- A title and written description explaining the concept and goal for the proposed exhibition and space.
- Submit pdf document no more than one page in length, 10-12 point font, using a sans serif font, and standard margins.
- *Group exhibition, an art collective or group may submit a proposal, with one person as acting curator/contact person. The proposal needs to demonstrate a connection to the concept or educational programming.
- 5-8 images demonstrating the work for the display or proposed concept.
- File format: JPG, 150-300 dpi, width 800px minimum.
- Images labeled as the following: 1.Lastname_showtitle_yy, 2.Lastname_showtitle_yy
- Image list with the Title, date, medium, size, and price of each artwork (must match included images)
- Artist headshot (this image is used for promotions and website content and is optional)
Other Written Materials
Note: all written documents are saved and submitted as a pdf. using 10-12 point sans serif font and standard margins. Information needs to be current.
- Artist(s) biography: minimum of 200 words.
- CV: two pages maximum.
- Artist statement(s): pertaining to the proposed artwork. One page maximum.
- *Educational Proponent: optional, a one-page maximum proposal for a workshop or artist lecture related to the exhibition concept.
- A stamped and self-addressed envelope for the return of your CD/external drive. (EAC is not responsible for loss or damage of submitted proposal items.) Note: mailed submission materials and CD of images will not be returned and will be kept on file. Unless return mailing is included.
Send proposals to:
- Edina Art Center
- C/o Gallery Exhibition Selection Committee
- 4701 West 64th Street
- Edina, MN 55435
- Group exhibitions of 3 or more $100 fee.
- Exhibition Insurance is provided for Artwork in the gallery during the exhibit period.
- EAC retains 40% of all artwork sales during the exhibition. All work must be for sale in the exhibition.
- EAC handles all sales and requires sold work to remain in the show until the closing date. At which time the artist and purchaser will designate a confirmed pick update.
- EAC reserves the right to refuse or remove work varies from the proposal.
Margaret Foss Gallery: Solo, 2 person and small group exhibition.
- Exhibition solo fee of $250.
- Exhibition Group fee for 5 or more, $35 per person.
Tea Room Gallery: Solo, 2 person and small group exhibition.
- Exhibition fee of $50.