Ongoing Construction Update
The construction of the Nolan Mains apartments and new Center Parking Ramp continues to be on schedule for completion in Fall 2019. When complete, this project will feature 100 new apartment homes, new retail shops, and more than 120 stalls of indoor customer parking all centered around a series of pedestrian walkways and outdoor public plazas.
Regular construction updates will be posted on this page.
Market Street Construction Update
Construction Activities Week of Feb. 18-22, 2019Now that the 50th & France North Ramp Expansion is complete we are thrilled to deliver additional free parking. Thank you to all of the customers and businesses that were patient while we worked to construct the additional public parking to serve Edina's downtown at 50th & France.
North Ramp Expansion
- The installation of the decorative Stone & Stratus art panels (near Post Office) has been completed! Enjoy the amazing colors and share the video with your customers.
After the holidays there have been a number of vehicle break-ins in the 50th & France parking areas. Windows have been broken in cars to gain access to the valuables left inside. The Edina Police successfully apprehended four people Sunday, Feb.10, in connection with at least one of these events.
Follow these tips to better keep you property safe:
Always remove valuable from your vehicle
If you must secure valuable in your car, place them in the trunk and out of sight before arriving at your destination
Keep your vehicle locked at all times
The building structure continues to take shape:
- Deck construction - 78 percent complete
- Major concrete deck pours will occur Tuesday, Feb.19, for the roof of the east building and Monday, Feb. 25, for the second floor of the far east building (by Spalon)
- Exit from the North Ramp will remain open during these pours
- Flaggers will be on site to direct traffic during all concrete pours
- Exterior wall and window installation - 30 percent complete
- Steel stud and exterior wall framing 1st floor retail area - 20 percent complete (extreme weather has slowed this work)
- Completion dates continue to be on schedule, Nov.1, west building and Dec. 20, east building
- Construction of the Leasing Office for Nolan Mains will begin Monday, Feb.18, in the 5.0 Mall
- Exit from the North Ramp is open in both directions
- Market Street continues to be one-way going east - east of the exit