Ongoing Construction Update
Demolition of the Center Ramp began in April. This will be an active construction site for more than one year. When complete in Fall 2019, this site will feature new apartment homes, new retail shops, and more than 100 stalls of indoor customer parking all centered around a series of pedestrian ways and public plazas.
Market Street Construction Update
November 30, 2018
2019 Employee Permits On Sale Tuesday, December 4
Sales of employee parking permits will begin next week. These permits allow employees to park in designated portions of the South and North Ramps in excess of the hourly limits posted for customers.
All employees of 50th & France businesses who choose to park in the public ramps MUST purchase a permit.
Three ways to purchase:
- Online - Links will go live at 8 a.m., Tuesday, December 4
- In Person - 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., weekdays at the front desk of City Hall, 4801 W. 50th Street
- By Mail - Download an application, print, fill and return to City Hall, 4801 W. 50th Street.
Construction activities for the week of December 3-7
North Ramp Expansion
Here's what is scheduled for for the next two weeks:
- Effective next week, you may exit the North Ramp going both directions onto Market Street (Left Turn Only signage will be removed when effective)
- Continued louver installation on the North side
- Snow chute door installation has been rescheduled until after the New Year
- Nolan Mains Construction
- A major concrete deck pour will occur Monday, Dec. 3 for the third floor of the west building
- The west building will be at full height by mid-February
- The west building will be available for occupancy November 2019
- Both Orange and Purple routes available for customer access
In case of a construction related problem over the holiday weekend, please contact Frana Companies after hours contact: 612-965-9830.
The City has also created a Parking Map detailing Public Parking near 50th & France. Several public and employee parking options are available at 50th & France. Parking is also available on local streets as shown on the map.
Stay informed! Sign up for City Extra emails to ensure notification of any City emergency or road closure.
- Schedule for Monthly Construction Updates
- Construction Mitigation and Parking Management Plan, December 2017
- Parking Map