Ongoing Construction Update
Demolition of the Center Ramp began in April. This will be an active construction site for more than one year. When complete in Fall 2019, this site will feature new apartment homes, new retail shops, and more than 100 stalls of indoor customer parking all centered around a series of pedestrian ways and public plazas.
Market Street Construction UpdateThe North Ramp is in its final lap! A&P continues to move construction activity along very quickly as the finish line is in sight. The landscaping is complete and the finished stonework highlights the "new" east entrance. Opening of the ramp with all parking stalls available is on track for the week of October 22.
Construction activities for the week of October 15-19
North Ramp Expansion:
Here's what is scheduled for this week:
- Completion of storefront frames/windows - east and west sides
- Completion of perforated metal wall panels - east and west sides
- Completion and inspection of east side elevator
- Orange walkway is open and remains on the north side of Market Street
- Monday and Tuesday, October 15 and 16, purple walkway to route through the ramp, exiting through the east alleyway near Berkshire Hathaway/Bespoke
- Wednesday, October 17, blacktop of parking lot and alley way behind Berkshire Hathaway/Bespoke; purple walkway will be moved to exit onto east sidewalk proceeding to crosswalk in front of Bespoke
- Both job sites are very busy - please follow directional signage for your safety
Nolan Mains Construction:
The foundation walls continue to take shape:
- Foundation walls are 85% complete
- Concrete structure - 20% complete
- Monday, October 15, utility work (sanitation/sewer) will take place along Market Street for one week duration causing some lane shifts
- Monday, October 15, water shut off will occur at 8:30 p.m. and be back on by 6:00 a.m., Tuesday, October 16 - three businesses will be affected and each has been notified.
- Thursday, October 18, the 7th major concrete deck pour will occur, additional concrete work will take place throughout the week
- One-way traffic will be maintained along Market Street and moved to the north lane during these pours - flaggers will be directing traffic
- Owners/managers, please encourage your employees to park on the upper levels to allow lower spaces for your customers/clients/patients
- 2019 Parking Passes will go on sale Tuesday, December 4, online and at City Hall front desk (more info to come)
The City has also created a Parking Map detailing Public Parking near 50th & France. Several public and employee parking options are available at 50th & France. Parking is also available on local streets as shown on the map.
Stay informed! Sign up for City Extra emails to ensure notification of any City emergency or road closure.
- Schedule for Monthly Construction Updates
- Construction Mitigation and Parking Management Plan, December 2017
- Parking Map