Ongoing Construction Update
The construction of the Nolan Mains apartments and new Center Parking Ramp continues to be on schedule for completion in Fall 2019. When complete, this project will feature 100 new apartment homes, new retail shops, and more than 120 stalls of indoor customer parking all centered around a series of pedestrian walkways and outdoor public plazas.
Regular construction updates will be posted on this page.
Market Street Construction UpdateNow that the 50th & France North Ramp Expansion is complete we are thrilled to deliver additional free parking. Thank you to all of the customers and businesses that were patient while we worked to construct the additional public parking to serve Edina's downtown at 50th & France.
Walk With the Mayor Scheduled for April 20
This month's "Walk With the Mayor" is scheduled for 9-10 a.m. Saturday, April 20, beginning at the Edina Theater at 50th & France.
Join in the walk of the 50th & France area, which continues to see significant improvement, and learn more about the re-development in the District.
Participating in the Walk With the Mayor gives community members a chance to voice concerns, share opinions and thoughts as well as talk with Mayor Hovland while getting to know the District a little bit better.
Construction Activities Week of April 15-19, 2019
The building structure continues to take shape:
- Completion dates remain on schedule: Nov.1, west building; and Dec.20, east building
- Major concrete deck pour will occur Tuesday, April 23, for the sixth floor of the east building
- Total deck pours: 27 completed of 28 (so close)
- Exit from the North Ramp will remain open in both directions during this pour
- Exterior wall and window installation: west building complete, east building in place through the second floor
- Interior wall installation: west building in place through the sixth floor
- Steel stud and exterior wall framing first-floor retail area, west building: 88 percent complete
- Window installation of first-floor retail area, west building complete
- Exterior brick installation: west building will begin this week
All work is subject to change due to weather.
- Exit from the North Ramp remains open in both directions
- Market Street continues to be one way going east - east of the North Ramp exit
- Restriping of the crosswalks, exit from the North Ramp and Loading/Unloading Zone on Halifax will take place when the weather improves
MnDOT will close the France Avenue bridge over Highway 62 beginning Friday, April 12. The bridge will be removed and re-decked to better accommodate traffic. The closure begins at 10 p.m. that night and is anticipated to remain closed until mid-July. Detour routes will be marked so that customers can still get to 50th & France via Xerxes and Valley View Road.