- No alcohol, tobacco or vaping in parks.
- Dogs must be on a leash unless in a designated off-leash park.
- Please pick up after your pet.
- Park hours are generally 6 a.m. to 10 p.m. or sunrise to sunset unless otherwise posted.
- No harassing or interfering with other people’s enjoyment of the parks.
- Obey all signs in parks.
- Do not post any sign, placard or notice on any car, building, pole, tree, fence or other object without prior written authorization from the City. This includes temporary signs such as garage sales.
- Do not pick, cut or damage any flower, plant or tree.
- Removal of vegetation is forbidden unless approved by park director.
- Stay out of vegetation areas unless a sign says it’s OK. Walking on the grass at parks is OK.
In addition to the basic rules:
- Do not hitch an animal to an object in parks or stake its leash in the ground.
- Dogs or other animals are banned from certain areas; obey local signs.
- No feeding wild animals or birds.
- Please do not disturb wildlife.
- All forms of hunting, capturing or harassing wildlife are banned. If a wild animal needs to be trapped, the City will hire a licensed person to do so.
- No fires except small fires made by picnic parties in designated locations.
- All fires must be completely extinguished. The ashes or coals, once cooled, may not be placed in any of the park trash bins. Take the ashes or coals home and dispose in your home trash.
- Sports or activities must be played in areas designated for that, such as baseball on a baseball field.
- Sports or games can’t interfere with general public use of the park unless authorized by the Parks & Recreation Department.
- Park users can’t interfere with authorized scheduled programs or activities.
- Use of any radios, audio players or other sound-emitting devices must not annoy or disturb other park users.
- No selling of items or services.
- Entertainment or exhibitions must get prior approval from the park director.
- Parades, rallies, processions or assemblies must get advance written permission from the park director.
- No air guns, slingshots, stone throwing or other possible weapons use unless it is part of a game permitted in writing by the City.
- Admission or entry fee is required in some city parks or at events.
- Swimming in the water adjoining a park is forbidden except in designated spots during hours shown on signs placed by the City.
- Swimming or other water activity may be temporarily banned for safety. Follow posted signs.
- No mechanical watercraft allowed on any lake, pond or stream unless authorized.
- People using any watercraft must follow all state rules and regulations.
- All trash or recycling must be placed in the proper container or bin.
- Trash or recycling placed in park bins must have been generated from park use. No trash from a home or business may be placed into a bin or container at City parks.
- Drivers and vehicles must follow all City laws pertaining to them.
- Drive or park only on designated roads or lots.
- Vehicles can’t be in parks or their lots between midnight and 6 a.m.
- Parks and their parking lots can’t be used for placing a vehicle for sale or exchange.
- No working on a vehicle unless an emergency repair to remove it from the lot.
- No launching or landing hot-air balloons, helicopters or airplanes.
- Other laws, such as those regarding vandalism, apply in City parks.
- The park director may adopt other rules and regulations. The park director also may grant an exemption to these rules and regulations in writing on a case-by-case basis.
- For the full legal listing of park rules, see Edina City Code, Chapter 24, Article VII.