Rent a Park Building or Picnic Shelter

About Our Shelters

Park spaces are perfect for birthday parties, family reunions, graduations, neighborhood meetings, weddings and more. 


Due to new software upgrades, the park building and picnic shelter reservation policy has changed.

  • Online reservations for park buildings and picnic shelters will begin at noon Feb. 1, 2023, for the 2023 season
  • Rental season begins May 1, 2023
  • The last day to rent a picnic shelter is Oct. 15, 2023
  • The last day to rent a park building is Oct. 29, 2023
  • Reservations cannot be taken by phone
  • Reservations must be made a minimum of 7 days prior to the event
  • No refunds will be given for cancellations requested less than five business days prior to the start of a reservation

At Your Event

  • Bring a copy of your rental permit to your event to inform the public the location is being reserved.
  • A copy of your permit is available online when you are logged into your account (under Transaction Browser)

Park Shelter Buildings 

  1. Arden
  2. Arneson Acres
  3. Cornelia
  4. Countryside
  5. Pamela
  6. Todd
  7. Walnut Ridge
  8. Weber

Arden Park shelter spring wide view5230 Minnehaha Blvd.

Capacity: 58
Available: 9 a.m.-2 p.m., 4-9 p.m. or 9 a.m.-9 p.m.
Cost: $80 half day/ $115 whole day

Amenities included in rental:

  • Two 8' x 2.5' tables, 4-6 chairs and 5 hockey benches
  • Interior restrooms
  • Electrical outlets inside
  • Heat and air conditioning 

Picnic Shelters

  1. Chowen
  2. Fred Richards
  3. Rosland
  4. Sherwood
  5. Utley
  6. Wooddale

Chowen picnic shelter and playground West 57th Street and Chowen Avenue South

Available: 8 a.m.-1 p.m., 3-8 p.m. or 8 a.m.-8 p.m.
Cost: $35 half day/ $51 whole day

Amenities included in rental:

  • Covered picnic area
  • 2 picnic tables
  • Small office with sink

Note: There are no public restrooms at this park area.

Other Park Features

Use the Park Finder to see more about each park

Food Truck Fee

If a mobile food unit is part of your reservation, a $30 additional fee will be added to your online reservation. 

Please contact Health Department for food related permits and application forms by calling 952-826-0370.

Loudspeaker Permit

Anyone using outdoor amplified sound (e.g., a speaker system) must have a loudspeaker permit.

You cannot use the sound system before 7 a.m. or after 10 p.m.

Apply for a loudspeaker permit online. if you have further questions, please contact Edina Police Department at 952-826-0476.

Park Maintenance

All parks are maintained by the Park Maintenance Division. Learn how to report a problem.


Please call 952-826-0367.