The City of Edina will continue to monitor the pandemic and will make changes based on Minnesota Department of Health guidance and any executive orders from the Governor's Office.
- All programs, classes and events may be restructured, postponed or canceled.
- The most current health and safety guidelines will be evaluated before and during any activity. Changes may be made at any time.
- All programs will incorporate current COVID-19 health and safety guidelines.
- Participants may need to bring a mask and practice proper sanitizing and social distancing.
- Individuals who decline to follow the required health and safety protocols will not be allowed to participate and will not receive a refund.
- Must be done online except for Connect Card holders or if class listing notes otherwise
- Classes or programs may be postponed or canceled for health or safety reasons, due to low enrollment or lack of available instructional or supervisory staff
- Notifications will be sent to the email listed in the registration account; please make sure your registration account information is up to date
- People who are seeking a refund must make the request no fewer than five business days prior to the start of a class or program
- Refund requests will be assessed a $5 administrative fee
- Full refunds given only when a program or reservation is canceled by the Parks & Recreation Department
- No refunds will be given for cancellations requested fewer than five business days prior to the start of a program or reservation
- Partial credit will be considered for injury or illness, at the discretion of the Parks & Recreation Director
- Charges for classes or activities will appear on your bank or credit card statement as "Edina Store."