The Parks & Recreation Department works to be recognized as having Minnesota’s premier parks, recreation and trail system that provides unrivaled opportunities to maximize Edina’s quality of life by nurturing the health and well-being of our people, our community, our environment, and our economy.
Edina has more than 40 parks and 1,500 acres of open space to explore and enjoy just a few minutes drive from downtown Minneapolis. Many parks include:
- Walking, biking or multi-use trails
- Ice skating rinks
- Picnic tables
- Rental spaces at parks and recreation facilities
2021 Quality of Life Survey
In the 2021 Quality of Live survey, 12 of the 13 parks and recreation amenities, including trails, neighborhood parks and recreation facilities, were highly rated by about 9 in 10 respondents or more. Overall, 30 of the 34 services were rated as excellent or good by at least 60% of survey respondents. Read the summary of results in the report (PDF).
- Are there specific hours the general park areas are open?
Yes; the general park areas are open from 6 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- Is alcohol allowed in the parks?
No. Alcohol is prohibited in the parks.
See a list of park rules.
- Is smoking or vaping allowed in parks?
No. Tobacco use is banned. This includes cigars, cigarettes and smokeless tobacco.
Vaping is not allowed.
- Are there park rules or regulations?
Yes. Here is a list of them, divided by category.
Some basic ones:
- Most parks are open 6 a.m. to 10 p.m. unless otherwise posted.
- Smoking, vaping and alcohol are not allowed.
- Dogs must be on a leash unless in a designated off-leash park.
- Please pick up after your pet.
- Do you have a lost and found?
If an item is found with labeled name and phone number a staff member from Parks & Recreation Department will contact that person.
- Can I reserve a park shelter or picnic table?
Yes! Park shelter buildings are available to rent at eight parks across Edina. Six picnic shelters also are available to rent.
Reservations for each year open in February. Rentals are available from May through late October. Arneson Acres is the only park rental available year-round.
She the Rent a Park Building or Picnic Shelter page for descriptions, capacity, price and how to reserve.
Thu Oct. 5
Fri Oct. 13
Sat Oct. 21