Leak Policy and Adjustment Request Form

The City of Edina offers a one-time billing adjustment for water leaks to residential utility customers when a significant increase in water consumption occurs due to a fixture leak, pipe break, vandalism or similar situation.

A qualified leak adjustment is limited to a maximum of $500 for one quarterly bill. The City will charge the customer for the gallons of water consumed; however, any gallons over the property's four-year average for the corresponding quarter will be adjusted to the Tier 1 rate

Customers requesting an adjustment must complete the form on this page. 
If a completed form meeting the requirements below is approved, the credit will be applied to the customer's account within 30 days of submitting the application.

Requirements for a Billing Adjustment

  • Residents must complete the form on this page  and upload supporting documents (repair or parts receipt). The City does not reimburse for parts or labor. The form can be found in the section below called "Submit an Adjustment Request Form."
  • The customer’s utility account must be current (can’t have an outstanding balance).
  • Consumption on the utility bill in question must be 100% more than the 4-year average for the property during the corresponding quarter.
  • Permanent repairs must be made within 60 days of the due date of the utility bill in question.
  • Applications must be submitted within 90 days of the due date of the utility bill in question.
  • Properties under construction, being renovated, abandoned or vacant without proper care do not qualify.