The Edina Police Department has formally declared its lobby at 4801 W. 50th St. a “Safe Swap Spot” for in-person exchanges such as online purchases, child custody swaps or any exchange where meeting in a public location will improve personal safety.
The lobby is marked with a “Safe Swap Spot” sign. Police Department staff are not available to facilitate or monitor transactions. The lobby is open 24/7 and has cameras monitoring the space. Although staff are not monitoring the lobby 24/7, they are in the office 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday.
If you are heading to the Safe Swap Spot or another location where an online sale or exchange is going to take place, Police Officers encourage you to keep these tips in mind:
- Bring a friend or family member with you
- Tell a friend or family member where you are meeting, and who you are meeting with
- Arrange the time of the exchange to be during daylight hours
- Keep your phone on you at all times
- Call 911 if you feel your safety is at risk
For more information on the Safe Swap Spot, contact Community Engagement Officer Emily Jepson at 952-826-0490 or [email protected].