- Park hours are 6 a.m. - 10 p.m.
- No alcohol, tobacco, vaping, or drugs
- All pets must be leashed
- Pick up after your pet
- No interfering with other people’s enjoyment of the park
- Obey all signs in parks.
- Do not post any sign, placard or notice on any car, building, pole, tree, fence or other object without prior written authorization from the City. This includes temporary signs.
- Do not pick, cut or damage any flower, plant or tree.
- Removal of vegetation is forbidden unless approved by park director.
- Stay out of vegetation areas. Walking on the grass is OK.
In addition to the basic rules:
- Do not hitch an animal to an object in parks or stake its leash in the ground.
- Dogs or other animals are banned from certain areas; obey local signs.
- No feeding wild animals or birds.
- Please do not disturb wildlife.
- All forms of hunting, capturing or harassing wildlife are banned. If a wild animal needs to be trapped, the City will hire a licensed person to do so.
- No fires allowed.
- Sports or activities must be played in areas designated for that, such as golf on the golf course.
- Park users can’t interfere with authorized scheduled programs or activities.
- Use of any radios, audio players or other sound-emitting devices must not annoy or disturb other park users.
- No selling of items or services.
- No person shall physically obstruct or hinder free passage on walkways and paths within the park.
- Entertainment or exhibitions must get prior approval from the park director.
- Parades, rallies, processions or assemblies must get advance written permission from the park director.
- Commercial photography and filming must get prior approval from the City.
- No air guns, slingshots, stone throwing or other possible weapons use unless it is part of a game permitted in writing by the City.
- Admission or entry fee is required in some city parks or at events.
- Swimming in the water is forbidden.
- No mechanical watercraft allowed on any lake, pond or stream unless authorized.
- No launching or landing hot-air balloons, helicopters or airplanes.
- Bikes, in-line roller blades, non-motorized scooters allowed in bike path along Promenade and on west side of Centennial Lakes Park from Promenade to 76th street bridge.
- All trash or recycling must be placed in the proper container or bin.
- Trash or recycling placed in park bins must have been generated from park use. No trash from a home or business may be placed into a bin or container at City parks.
Model Boat Rules
- Boats must not create noise that disturbs park patrons or events
- Boats must stay clear of wildlife, patrons, paddle boats and other boats
- Boat operators must always be in full control of their boat
- No internal combustion engines
- Speed limit is 15 mph
- Other laws, such as those regarding vandalism, apply in City parks.
- No solicitation allowed
- The park director may adopt other rules and regulations. The park director also may grant an exemption to these rules and regulations in writing on a case-by-case basis.
- For the full legal listing of park rules, see Edina City Code, Chapter 24, Article VII.