Building Permits & Resources
The 10,000 Lakes Chapter of ICC would like to inform you of the following educational opportunity; 2021 RESIDENTIAL CONTRACTOR CONTINUING EDUCATION TRAINING. Read on...
Essential inspections are conducted 8 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Monday through Friday. If possible, non-essential inspections will be scheduled for 2021. Read on...
Apply for Building Permits here: ePermits.
City Hall is closed due to COVID-19. Please contact the Building Inspections Division at 952-826-0372 with any questions.
A permit will be considered expired if there has been no work or inspection done in 180 days. The Chief Building Official is authorized to grant extension of time if there is justifiable cause demonstrated.
Note About Demolitions
Contact Hennepin County at email@example.com to schedule a pre-demolition inspection to ensure regulated materials are removed prior to demolition per Hennepin County Ordinance 7 paragraph 2.07 B. To learn more, visit Hennepin County - Construction and Demolition Waste for Contractors
To help divert waste from landfills, Hennepin County has grants available to homeowners and developers to deconstruct buildings to salvage building materials rather than demolish them.
- 800 MHz Radio (PDF)
- Alternate Design Method Material Application (PDF)
- Application for New Parking Ramp License (PDF)
- Code Compliance Meeting Requirements (PDF)
- Commercial Toilet Cove Base Drain Requirements (PDF)
- Egress Windows Well Requirements (PDF)
- Energy Code Compliance Certificate (PDF)
- Erosion and Sediment Control for Single Double Dwelling Units Policy (PDF)
- Floodplain Development - Residential Policy (PDF)
- License Refuge Haulers in Edina (PDF)
- Parking Ramp Annual Inspection Report (PDF)
- Premises Identification (PDF)
- Residential Sewer and Water Policy (PDF)
- Residential Trace Wire Spec (PDF)
- Residential Ventilation Makeup and Combustion Air Calculations (PDF)
- Roofing Operations with Asphalt (Tar) Kettles (PDF)
- Special Structural Testing and Inspection Guidelines (PDF)
- Special Structural Testing and Inspection Schedule (PDF)
- Storm Water for Single/Double Dwelling Units (PDF)
- Sump Pump Discharge Connection Policy (PDF)
- Survey Site Plan Policy (PDF)
- Tree Ordinance Number 2014-25 (PDF)
- Water Service Sizing (PDF)