Parks & Recreation
What’s Open for Fun and Exercise
- Basketball courts.
- Braemar Arena (preapproved youth sports organizations & Skate School only; no open skating)
- Braemar Golf Course - Park and Play one of the courses or practice on the driving range.
- Disc golf at Rosland Park.
- Dog off-leash areas at Van Valkenburg Park and Strachauer Park (only small dogs). The CDC advises owners to avoid letting pets interact with people and animals outside the household.
- Parks and Trails (certain amenities closed).
- Pickleball Courts at Rosland Park - please use the waiting area for social distancing.
- Restrooms at Bredesen, Pamela and Rosland parks.
- Tennis courts.
- Edina Athletic Association will begin practicing organized youth sports in the City’s parks on June 1 in accordance with Gov. Tim Walz Executive Order 20-63. All teams are required to have their own COVID-19 plan posted to their perspective websites and follow the group and pod recommendations set by the State of Minnesota.
Proper social distancing required for all activities.
Where to Walk, Bike or Play
- Visit your neighborhood parks. If everyone stays close to home, no parks will become too crowded.
- Remember you can walk the trails or on the grass at parks.
- Bike or walk to and from your neighborhood parks, creating your own loops.
- Enter your address in our Park Finder to see and learn about all the parks near you.
Walking Trail Options
- Bredesen Park is overly popular, so if you visit do so at off times. The walking path is one way, counter-clockwise, for now.
- Centennial Lakes Park has some wide paths and also connects to the Edina Promenade. It also can get crowded at times.
- Fred Richards Park has the paved and wide Nine Mile Creek Regional Trail running through it, plus it has plenty of open space to roam around.
- Highlands Park is a wide-open green space where you can create your own path.
- Lewis Park has a loop; if it’s busy walk in the grass.
- Pamela Park has a loop and lots of grass spaces to create your own path. (Note that some access will be limited by street construction.)
- Rosland Park has a loop plus lots of wandering space.
- Walnut Ridge Park has a small loop.
- The Nine Mile Creek Regional Trail is a 15.3-mile paved multi-use trail that also connects to multiple other trails to explore.
- Bredesen Park and the Edina Promenade have dedicated bike trails.
- Pamela, Rosland, Todd and Walnut Ridge parks have shared walking and biking trails.
- Find other bike-friendly trails and bike lane locations on the bicycle maps.
Play By the Rules
- When passing on trails, make sure to give a buffer of at least 6 feet to others.
- You may play in open spaces.
- Groups of up to 10 people can engage in outdoor recreation activities as long as they practice social distancing.
- Athletic associations are not allowed to conduct games or scrimmages.
Order a RECtivity Box
The RECtivity Box is recreation delivered to your door! Celebrate the start of summer and choose from four-themed boxes to create something fun at home. Pick which box is right for you, order online and it'll be shipped to your door.
Click each box to read the description and order online:
- Backyard Camp Kit
- Bikes & Hikes (Sold Out)
- Bright & Bold
- Father's Day
- Nature & Critters
- Red, White & Blue