Grants & Loans
The City of Edina works in partnership with other agencies to secure funding for projects that advance community goals. Links to a variety of grants and loans are provided here for convenience.
These programs are administered by outside agencies and questions are best directed to the specific funding partner.
In most cases, City staff will work with applicants by preparing Letters of Support or filing the application on behalf of the project.
- Hennepin County
- Metropolitan Council
- Minnesota Department of Employment and Economic Development (DEED)
- Minnesota Pollution Control Agency
- Minnehaha Creek Watershed District
- Nine Mile Creek Watershed District
- Open to Business
Hennepin County grant programs include:
- Business recycling
- Environmental response fund
- Brownfield cleanup revolving loan
Metropolitan Council grant programs include:
- Livable Communities
- Transit-Oriented Development
- Tax Base Revitalization
- Local Housing Incentives
The Minnesota DEED grant programs include:
- Business Development
- Infrastructure Funding
- Community Development Funding
- Site Cleanup and Redevelopment
The Minnesota Pollution Control Agency grant programs include:
- Environmental assistance grants
- Environmental assistance loan
- Brownfield grants
The Minnehaha Creek Watershed District cost-sharing grants are available for clean-water landscaping.
The Nine Mile Creek Watershed District cost-sharing grants are available for projects that improve water quality and protect groundwater.