- Utility Billing
Ways to Pay Your Bill
Go to Payment Portal
E-utility billing is a convenient, safe and secure online service the City of Edina offers to its utility customers free of charge!
- Pay your utility bill online anytime - 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Receive an electronic copy of your bill instead of a paper copy.
- Set up automatic payments.
- View the billing and payment history on your account.
- View your water usage history.
Pay by Phone
Pay by phone by calling 1-844-476-3107. Please have your customer and account number ready. Please include all leading zeros in your customer and account numbers.
Pay by Mail
The City uses U.S. Bank’s payment processing service to process checks for utility billing. Checks for utility bills should be mailed to the following address:
City of Edina
P.O. Box 860586
Minneapolis, MN 55486-0586
Note: Payments are not processed at City Hall.
Homeowners Must Complete a Utility Start/Stop Service Form
- Start Service: When you purchase a home in Edina, complete the Utility Service Start online form to begin receiving bills for your City-provided utilities, including water, sewer, storm drainage and recycling.
- Stop Service: If you are selling your home in Edina, complete the Utility Service Stop online form to stop receiving bills for City-provided utilities, including water, sewer, storm drainage and recycling.
- Why is my water usage increasing?
- I just bought a house in Edina and have received an outstanding water bill. Do I have to pay this bill if I didn’t use the water?
A water bill is considered a lien against the property. Your real estate agent and/or title company should inform you of any outstanding water bills during the purchasing process, or you can contact Utility Billing for that information.
When buying or selling a home in Edina, residents are required fill out a Start or Stop Request form located under Utility Billing department. When selling your home, we request the date of closing, a forwarding address, and new owners name (if information is known). A final read is performed on the service address and a closing bill is mailed to the seller. Contact your real estate agent who can work with the previous owner’s agent to take care of the outstanding bill.
If these remedies do not work, the bill must be paid by current homeowner.
- How often am I billed?
Edina water customers are billed quarterly for amounts used and recorded by their water meters. Quarterly water bills also include charges for sanitary sewer services and storm drainage.
- Is water billed by the quantity used?
Utility charges are based on a flat minimum charge. That minimum charge guarantees the water service and provides a minimum amount of water depending on the land use.
See the City of Edina utility rates.
- Is financial assistance available to help pay my utility bill?
Yes. The Energy Assistance Program provides help for Hennepin County residents. Learn more and apply online or call 952-930-3541 weekdays from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.