Flooding and Drainage
Actions You Can Take - Fact Sheets
Self-service floodplain and flood-prone area information – property information, residential permit requirements, elevation information, and helpful guidance and forms.
- Floodplain Districts Overlay ordinance
- Guidance for residential floodplain development (PDF)
- Elevation Certificate
- No-Rise Certificate (PDF)
- Find a Surveyor (Bing Maps)
- Interactive water resources map - find Ordinary High Water Level (OHWL) and Outlet Elevation information.
- Still need help? Contact Jessica Wilson, Certified Floodplain Manager, at jwilson@EdinaMN.gov or 952-826-0445.
- FEMA floodplain property files (elevation certificates, LOMAs, FEMA base flood elevation maps)
- Letters of Map Amendments (LOMAs) - When to pursue a LOMA, types of amendments, and how to apply.
Water Resources Planning
- 2018 Comprehensive Water Resources Management Plan - the City’s guide for delivery of flood protection, runoff management, and clean water services.
- Edina’s Flood Risk Reduction Strategy (PDF) and Appendices (PDF)
- Minnehaha Creek Watershed District operates the Gray’s Bay Dam to manage the flow of Minnehaha Creek. Review their plan as well as historical and real-time data at minnehahacreek.org.
- 1908 map of Edina (PDF), "An ill-drained glaciated area, part of Minneapolis."