Information for Residents
Welcome! We are pleased you have chosen Edina in which to make your home and hope you will enjoy our community for many years.
Edina Snow Parking Regulations
Edina Public Works crews provide top-notch snow preparation and removal 24 hours a day to keep City streets safe and easy to travel. You can help - and avoid a ticket or your vehicle being towed - by following a few simple rules. The fewer obstacles the plow trucks encounter, the faster they can clear the streets.
No vehicle may be parked on an Edina street, highway or alley under the following conditions:
- When 1.5 inches or more of snow has fallen, until it has been plowed to the curbline
- From 1 to 6 a.m. Nov. 1 to March 31
- For six or more consecutive hours, unless otherwise signed, enforceable year-round
Streets are plowed when 1.5 inches of snow or more has fallen. Streets also may be treated in advance to help reduce ice.
The Law: Edina City Code Sec. 18-65. Section 307.2 Certain Open Fires Permitted. An open burning permit may be issued for the following purposes:
- Instruction and training of firefighting personnel.
- Abatement of hazards that, in the opinion of the fire chief, cannot be abated by other reasonable means.
- Management of vegetation by the jurisdiction, other governmental agencies, or other individuals that, in the opinion of the fire chief, show a valid need, and under the direction of the fire department.
- Special events or ceremonies by recognized organizations, under the direct supervision of the fire department.
- Recreational fires as approved by the fire chief.
What It Means: Before starting a recreational fire, obtain a free recreational fire permit at EdinaMN.gov/fire. Before each fire, call the recreational fire hotline to ensure the fire danger index is low with no bans in place. All fires must be contained in a ring or pit, and be at least 25 feet from all structures. A 5-foot radius around the fire must be clear of combustibles. Limit fires to no larger than three feet in diameter by two feet high. Properly extinguish a fire with water. Coals can still be hot, even days after the last visible flames are out.
Edina follows an odd/even schedule depending on your address. Yard watering is allowed only before 11 a.m. or after 5 p.m. on your scheduled days. Learn more.
Yard Restoration by Utility Companies
Several utility companies do work in Edina’s rights-of-way. If you have concerns about their restoration of your property, please contact them directly: