Adults may request a fire truck drive past their Edina home during a birthday celebration for a child ages 2-10. The Edina Fire Department is offering this during the stay-at-home orders. Please note:
- Emergency calls take precedence, so your request may not happen.
- The truck cannot stop for photos or to meet children due to health concerns.
- Fire trucks can’t be part of any parade or line of cars as that could delay responding to an emergency call.
- We recommend you do not tell the child in advance; we don’t want to disappoint any child if our crews are busy on emergency calls.
- Limit 1 request per family.
To make a request:
- Go to our Activity Registration site and search for "truck."
- Scroll through the list of "Fire Truck Drive-By for Child’s Birthday" options. Find the one with the date of the child’s birthday or celebration. (Please note they do not display in chronological order, so if you don’t see your date, continue scrolling down the list.)
- Click the green Register button. (If you see Waitlist, that date is already full of requests.)
- If you already have an account for activities or classes through the City of Edina, log in with that. If you don’t, you’ll need to create one.
- Fill out the form. Make sure to put a specific time you are requesting the fire truck (Example: 11:30 a.m.).
- Follow the checkout process to complete.