Edina, Minn., June 22, 2020 – After being closed to help slow the spread of COVID-19, the City of Edina will reopen Edinborough Park’s pool and track, 7700 York Ave S., beginning June 23 to members and association partners. The facility will remain closed to the general public until further notice.
Recent executive orders issued by Gov. Tim Walz and guidelines established by the Minnesota Department of Health (MDH) allows the City to reopen the facility to these groups.
Reservations must be made for swimming by calling 952-833-9540 between 10 a.m. to 7:30 p.m. Monday through Friday and 11 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Saturdays and Sunday. Swimming hours vary and can be viewed at EdinboroughPark.com. General swimming admission remains suspended.
The track will be first-come, first-served and will be open the following hours:
- Monday-Friday (6-7 a.m., 10:30 a.m-1:30 p.m. and 5:30-8 p.m.)
- Saturday (11:30 a.m.-2:30 p.m. and 3-6 p.m.)
- Sunday (9:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. and 1-4 p.m.)
Until further notice, the Adventure Peak will remain closed and birthday party reservations remain suspended.
Policies for Edinborough Park until further notice include:
- Maintain at least 6 feet of social distancing while in the building.
- Members will have their own designated entrance and exit.
- Members will be allowed in the building five minutes before their reserved swim session.
- Follow the one-way walking and directional signage.
- Wear a mask and use hand sanitizer stations when entering the building.
- Only the on-deck shower will be available.
- Members are responsible for disinfecting exercise equipment prior to and after use.
- Locker rooms will not be available for use; arrive swim and work-out ready.
- Stay home if sick and follow respiratory etiquette.
To comply with public health guidance, staff will be wearing gloves and facial masks and encourage patrons to wear masks and use hand sanitizer stations when entering the building.
For more information and details on pool and track hours, visit EdinboroughPark.com. To learn about the City’s response to COVID-19, regularly check the City’s website at EdinaMN.gov/Coronavirus, sign up for City Extra email updates at EdinaMN.gov/CityExtra or text EDINA to 57838 for text updates.