The City of Edina and Edina Magazine recognized winners of the 2020 Images of Edina photo contest at the Sept. 1 City Council meeting.
This year’s panel of volunteer judges included Angela Johnson and Sarah Dovolos of Edina Magazine; Jerod Wilson Selvaraj, the 2018 “Images of Edina” photo contest winner; Olivia Crutchfield and Suzanne Wortham-Resseman, area professional photographers; and Katie Laux, Graphic Designer for the City of Edina.
Photos entered were taken between June 2019 and June 2020 and were entered into one of five categories. Edina Magazine readers voted online in July to choose the “Readers’ Choice” award. One overall “Best In Show” winner was chosen. The winners of the 2020 Images of Edina contest are:
- Business – “Mirror Image” by Vicki Hurwitz
- People – “Kindergarten Besties” by Leah Steidl
- Activities & Events – “Distance Learning with Dad” by Leah Steidl
- Places in Edina – “Artful Arches” by Vicki Hurwitz
- Plants & Animals – “About to Take Flight” by Lisa Asp
- Readers’ Choice – “Rise Above” by Bridgit Melnick
- Best in Show – “About to Take Flight” by Lisa Asp
The contest is free to enter and is open to both amateur and professional photographers who reside, work or attend school in Edina.
“It was fun and challenging being a judge in the ‘Images of Edina’ photo contest,” said Laux, contest organizer and judge. “There were so many good entries this year! The winning photograph had such good use of light and composition, and the detail of the bird was amazing. I hope people remember for next year’s contest that anyone who lives, works, or goes to school in Edina can enter!”
The 2021 Images of Edina photo contest, sponsored by the City and Edina Magazine, will open for entries in Spring 2021.
For more information, visit EdinaMN.gov/photocontest.