Edina, Minn., May 6, 2022 – The City of Edina recently thanked over 100 volunteers for their service on advisory boards and commissions.
The City held an appreciation event May 2 to thank all members of the City Council’s advisory boards and commissions. Several were recognized for having completed their terms:
- Rachel Bartling, 2021, Planning Commission
- Brian Berube, 2016-2022, Construction Board of Appeals
- Sheila Berube, 2016-2022, Planning Commission
- Ed Cracraft, 2016-2022, Board of Appeal & Equalization
- Lindsay DiLorenzo, 2021-2021, Arts & Culture Commission
- Cindy Edwards, 2016-2022, Human Rights & Relations Commission
- Koren Hawk Nelson, 2015-2022, Parks & Recreation Commission
- Amanda Herr, 2016-2021, Community Health Commission
- Eileen McAwley, 2016-2022, Parks & Recreation Commission
- Peter Lafferty, 2020-2021, Transportation Commission
- Michael Miller, 2016-2022, Parks & Recreation Commission
- Ian Nemerov, 2015-2021, Planning Commission
- Rajeev Ratan, 2021, Energy & Environment Commission
- Richard Ross, 2019-2021, Human Rights & Relations Commission
- Steven Suckow, 2014-2022, Arts & Culture Commission
- Darrah Widmoyer, 2019-2022, Heritage Preservation Commission
- Patrick Willette, 2017-2021, Parks & Recreation Commission
A number of student commissioners will complete their appointments later this summer.
“Our fellow residents who serve on our boards and commissions are unsung heroes in our community, taking the laboring oar on so many important issues we face as a city,” said Mayor Hovland. “We should all be grateful for their many hours of volunteer service to make Edina a better place. If you know any of the folks on this list, give them a hearty ‘thank you’ for a job very well done the next time you see them.”
To learn more about Edina’s advisory boards and commissions, visit EdinaMN.gov or contact Community Engagement Manager MJ Lamon, 952-826-0360 or MLamon@EdinaMN.gov.