Solhem Development is proposing to tear down one of the existing office buildings at 4600 77th Street and construct a 7-story, 276-unit apartment with a small main level cafe. The plan also features a new entrance to Fred Richards Park from 77th Street. The specific request is a rezoning of the site from MDD-6 to PUD-23. The proposal would be an expansion of the residential development project under construction to the West, which is a 408-unit Housing Development zoned PUD-23.
LEGAL DESCRIPTION OF PROPERTY:
Tract B, Registered Land Survey No. 1218, Hennepin County, Minnesota
HOW TO PARTICIPATE:
Public hearing input can be provided in a variety of ways to the Planning Commission and City Council.
Options 1 & 2 are available now:
1) Complete the Public Hearing Comment Form online at www.bettertogetheredina.org/the-fred-2-rezoning
2) Leave a voicemail with your feedback. (952-826-0377)
Options 3 & 4 are available the night of the public hearing meetings:
3) Watch the meeting and call in to provide testimony.
a. Edina TV (Comcast Channels 813 or 16)
- Planning Commission: Call in to provide live testimony at the July 27 meeting,
888-504-7949. Use Participant Passcode 813740.
- City Council: Call in to provide live testimony at the August 16 meeting.
888-504-7949. Use Participant Passcode 565566.
4) Attend the meetings to provide testimony, City Hall Council Chambers, 4801 W. 50th St.
The Planning Commission is scheduled to make a decision at its July 27 public hearing meeting.
Deadline for comments via voicemail or BetterTogetherEdina.org is Noon, Thursday, July 21
The City Council will hold the public hearing at its August 16 meeting and is scheduled to make a decision at its September 7 meeting.
Deadline for comments via voicemail or BetterTogetherEdina.org is Noon, Monday, August 29
City of Edina Planning Division, 4801 W. 50th St., Edina, MN 55424, 952-826-0369