Edina, Minn., Feb. 5, 2018 – The City’s next online discussion is now available at SpeakUpEdina.org. The discussion, which focuses on the 60th anniversary of the Edina Aquatic Center, will be available until March 2.
The City is celebrating the Edina Aquatic Center’s 60th Anniversary this summer and would like to hear from residents and visitors about the following:
- What are your favorite memories at the Edina Aquatic Center?
- What’s your favorite amenity (e.g. zip line, water slides, zero-depth play structure) at the Edina Aquatic Center and why?
- How can the Edina Aquatic Center improve the facility in the next decade?
- How should the Edina Aquatic Center celebrate its 60th anniversary this summer?
In January, the City gathered feedback on the 70th & Cahill Small Area Plan. The City asked residents what do did they see being the best use of land for the 70th & Cahill area in the future; how the area should look and feel in the future; what the future target audience looks like; what the future transportation of the area looks like; where people should park; how important it is to have bus services around the area and to make it bicycle friendly; how important it is to have additional access points into the area and from which direction and what areas of the City; and when it comes to the future of the area, which of the following would they prefer and why:
- Extensive remodeling – essentially keep the existing layout and buildings in place, but refresh the structures so that the area feels more updated.
- Redevelop a large portion of what exists today – demolish a large portion of the area and basically start over with the site design to create better links to the surrounding neighborhoods, improve transportation options and increase the attractiveness of the 70th & Cahill area.
The feedback from this discussion will be compiled and presented to the City Council Feb. 21.
To weigh in on a discussion, visit SpeakUpEdina.org.