Edina, Minn., Aug. 4, 2023 – The Activities Directory for fall classes, events and programs offered by Edina Parks & Recreation will arrive in Edina mailboxes in mid-August.
Fall registration will open noon Aug. 23 for Edina residents and noon Aug. 28 for everyone else.
Parks & Recreation has reorganized and shortened the new Activities Directory so it’s easier for people to browse and find what interests them, from all the family favorites to some new offerings.
People also can browse the online catalog anytime by visiting EdinaMN.gov/Fun. Fall classes will be viewable online several days before registration opens.
Starting with the Fall Activities Directory, the printed publication will be available in three languages. The English version mailed to homes will have QR codes that link to Somali and Spanish translations online.
The Fall Activities Directory includes:
- Community events such as the Dog Days of September, HalloBoo and a jigsaw puzzle competition.
- Preschool programs from music to sports.
- Youth and teen activities like Ninja Warrior, Skyhawks Sports, nature programs and skateboard camps.
- Braemar Golf instruction for age 3 through adults, plus Night Glow Golf.
- Art classes for preschoolers, youth, teens or adults, from beginners to advanced.
- Adult leagues and activities, including basketball, hockey, tennis, skating, volleyball and yoga.
- Activities for ages 55 and older, including fitness, a special citizens’ police academy and trips.
Most activities require online registration. People who haven’t registered for a Parks & Recreation activity in the last two years will need to create a free account. Visit EdinaParks.com and click on “Register for Activities” to get started.
For many Senior Center activities for ages 55 and older, people can sign up by calling 952-833-9570 or dropping by the front desk of the Edina Senior Center, 5280 Grandview Square.
The Activities Directory will now be published three times a year, instead of two, so it arrives in homes closer to when that season’s programs begin. The Winter/Spring issue will arrive in mailboxes in early November.
For more information, contact Parks & Recreation at 952-826-0367.