Edina, Minn., Oct. 18, 2023 – Registration for classes, events and programs offered by Edina Parks & Recreation from December through early spring 2024 will begin at noon Nov. 8 for Edina residents and noon Nov. 13 for everyone else.
The Winter/Spring Activities Directory listing the offerings will arrive in Edina mailboxes in late October. The English version mailed to homes has QR codes that link to online Somali and Spanish translations. PDF versions are online at EdinaMN.gov/ActivitiesDirectory.
Winter and early spring offerings already are listed in the online catalog, available at EdinaParks.com/Fun. They can be browsed anytime, but will not open for registration until Nov. 8.
Learn to Skate classes operate on a different schedule. Those currently enrolled in the fall session can register for winter/spring starting Dec. 13. For those not currently enrolled, registration begins noon Dec. 20 for Edina residents and noon Dec. 27 for everyone else.
Special winter holiday or seasonal events and programs include the Winter Market and photos with Santa; Family New Year’s Eve Parties at Edinborough Park; the Winter Ice Festival at Centennial Lakes Park; art classes for creating holiday ornaments, holiday cards or painting a snowman; and an ugly sweater party at the Edina Senior Center.
Special spring events include traditional egg hunts, a flashlight egg hunt, spring-themed art classes and Summer Fest Night, which will preview summer offerings from Edina Parks & Recreation, Edina Community Education, area athletic associations and community groups.
The Winter/Spring Activities Directory also includes:
- Community events such as Family Full Moon Snowshoe at Braemer Golf Course and Candyland Trail at Edinborough Park.
- Preschool programs from music to sports.
- Youth & teen activities like Ninja Warrior, outdoor nature programs and winter sports.
- Adaptive recreation, including spring art and golf.
- Braemar Golf instruction for ages 3 through adults.
- Art classes for preschoolers, youth, teens or adults, from beginners to advanced.
- Adult leagues and activities, including hockey and volleyball.
- Activities for ages 55 and older, including fitness, kindness week and trips.
Most activities require online registration. Visit EdinaParks.com and click on “Register for Activities” to get started.
For many Senior Center activities for ages 55+, people can sign up by calling 952-833-9570 or dropping by the Senior Center front desk, 5280 Grandview Square.
Financial assistance is available for all programs offered through Edina Parks & Recreation. To learn more or apply, visit EdinaMN.gov/Scholarships.
The Activities Directory is published three times a year. The Summer issue will arrive in mailboxes in February.
For more information, contact Parks & Recreation at 952-826-0367.