Edina, Minn., Feb. 21, 2019 – The 40th-Annual Community Volunteer Recognition Reception will be held 5:30 p.m. Monday, April 15 at Braemar Golf Course Clubhouse, 6364 John Harris Drive. Submissions are now being accepted through Monday, April 1 for nomination(s) for Mayor's Commendations and/or club/organization Volunteer Awards.
Each year, Mayor Jim Hovland presents six commendations. In addition, clubs and organizations may honor their own outstanding volunteers at the event. If you know of someone who deserves to be recognized with a Mayor's Commendation or if your organization plans to honor someone at the event, visit EdinaMN.gov/Commendations. This does not register you to attend. Registration for the event will open around March 1.
Mayor’s Commendations are given in these categories:
- Mayor’s Service Club Commendation: Awarded to an organization that has made outstanding contributions to the community at large.
- Mayor’s Individual Service Commendation: Awarded to an individual for outstanding and exceptional volunteer service to the community at large.
- Mayor’s Outstanding Senior Commendation: Awarded to a senior citizen for outstanding volunteer service within the community.
- Mayor’s Youth Commendation: Awarded to a young person who has demonstrated a commitment to improving the quality of life in the community.
- Mayor’s Commendation for Service to Youth: Awarded to an individual or organization making a positive impact on the lives of Edina youth.
- Mayor’s Community Involvement Commendation: Awarded to a City employee for outstanding volunteer service to the community above and beyond his or her position with the City.
Nominations are due by Monday, April 1. Commendation recipients will receive a glass award, certificate and recognition in a future City publication. They will be honored at the April 15 event. Service clubs and organizations will also recognize their outstanding volunteers at the event.
For more information visit EdinaMN.gov/Commendations or contact Communications & Technology Services Director Jennifer Bennerotte at jbennerotte@EdinaMN.gov.