The City recently celebrated the retirement of several commissioners from its advisory bodies at the Annual Boards & Commissions Recognition Event Tuesday, April 30.
Nine commissioners retired within the last year; those included:
• Stella Chaffee, Arts & Culture Commission
• Heather Edelson, Human Rights & Relations Commission
• Cheryl Gunness. Arts & Culture Commission
• Steve Hobbs, Planning Commission
• Karen Kelly, Heritage Preservation Commission
• Keith Kostuch, Energy & Environment Commission
• Scott Loving, Heritage Preservation Commission
• Kristina Martin, Human Rights & Relations Commission
• Louann Waddick, Energy & Environment Commission
Combined, these volunteers contributed 33 years of service to the City of Edina in their roles as commissioners.
“The City of Edina is fortunate to have so many qualified individuals who are willing to give their time and energy toward the goals of each of these commissions,” said Community Engagement Coordinator MJ Lamon. “Whether someone serves for a year or for 10 years, we are so grateful for the contribution they’ve given to the City.”
New members joining the Commissions are Ron Jones, the Human Rights & Relations Commission; Jane Lonnquist and Darrah Widmoyer, Heritage Preservation Commission; Peggy Martin, Arts & Culture Commission; and Jill Plumb-Smith, Transportation Commission.
New commissioners began their service in March.
For more information, contact Lamon at 952-826-0360 or MLamon@EdinaMN.gov.