What should I do if I experience property damage?

If you experience property damage that you know or suspect was caused  by construction activities, contact an attorney for assistance. Disputes  between private contractors and property owners are civil matters and  the City generally does not intervene in private disputes. Again, be  sure to document everything inside and outside of your property, as well  as any conversations.

In certain cases (particularly those involving personal safety), it may  be appropriate to contact the Minnesota Department of Labor and  Industry, which may intervene in cases related to consumer protection. 

Show All Answers

1. Is the work permitted?
2. How will the home be laid out?
3. What do I do if I have concerns about the setback of the new home in relation to my property?
4. How will I know who is doing the project?
5. How can I learn more about the contractor?
6. Why do I have to attend the pre-construction meeting? What is covered in the meeting?
7. Why should I document everything?
8. What are construction management issues? What can I do about them?
9. What are the regulations regarding noise and after-hours work?
10. How can I file a complaint?
11. What should I do if I experience property damage?