No. Alcohol is prohibited in the parks.
See a list of park rules.
Show All Answers
Yes; the general park areas are open from 6 a.m. to 10 p.m.
No. Tobacco use is banned. This includes cigars, cigarettes and smokeless tobacco.
Vaping is not allowed.
Yes. Here is a list of them, divided by category.
Some basic ones:
- Most parks are open 6 a.m. to 10 p.m. unless otherwise posted.
- Smoking, vaping and alcohol are not allowed.
- Dogs must be on a leash unless in a designated off-leash park.
- Please pick up after your pet.
If an item is found with labeled name and phone number a staff member from Parks & Recreation Department will contact that person.
Yes! Park shelter buildings are available to rent at eight parks across Edina. Six picnic shelters also are available to rent.
Reservations for each year open in February. Rentals are available from May through late October. Arneson Acres is the only park rental available year-round.
She the Rent a Park Building or Picnic Shelter page for descriptions, capacity, price and how to reserve.
Yes; park shelter buildings need to be reserved and there is a fee.
Yes; for exclusive use of a picnic shelter it is required you make a reservation and there is a fee.
No; you will have exclusive use of the shelter building/picnic shelter during the time stated on your permit. The park is open to the public.
No; only Edina residents can reserve parks.
No; when you reserve a shelter building or picnic shelter you are in charge of the set up.
No; staff will not be present at your reserved event. You will need to pick up a key for the shelter building at Edina City Hall in the Parks & Recreation Department.
• All tennis courts in City parks are striped for pickleball. To find a court near you, visit the Park Finder. Click on Activities (the child swing logo) and select Tennis Court.
• Mooty Pickleball Courts - Five dedicated pickleball courts are at the north end of Rosland Park, off West 64th Street by the pedestrian bridge over the Crosstown Highway (Minnesota Highway 62). These courts are often reserved for classes, lessons and leagues.
• Two indoor courts at Edinborough Park,7700 York Ave. S., are available 6:30 to 8:45 a.m. Mondays through Saturdays and 8:45 to 9:45 a.m. Sundays. Advance reservations are required. Fee is $20 an hour for Edina residents/$25 for others. You must bring your own equipment. Make a reservation.
Yes! Pickleball lessons are offered in spring, summer and fall for youth and adults. Check our online catalog and make sure to check the Adult 55+, Adult Activities/Sports, Youth Activities and Private Lessons categories to see all the listings.
Yes, in the warmer months. Check the online catalog for current leagues.
The Nine Mile Creek Watershed District installed a new stormwater filtration system to help keep phosphorous out of Lake Cornelia and downstream to Lake Edina. This should help the water quality and prevent outbreaks of dangerous blue-green algae.
Learn more by watching this "Agenda: Edina" segment on YouTube or visiting the project website.