I received a citation. How do I pay it or contest it?

Payment can be made online, in mail, in person or over the phone with the Violations Bureau. If you would like to contest the citation you must also contact the Violations Bureau. 

For more details about how to pay or contest a citation visit the Hennepin County Violations Bureau website.

Mailing address:

District Court Administrator
c/o Violations Bureau
300 South Sixth Street
Minneapolis, MN 55487-0014

Phone: (612) 348-2040

Website: www.mncourts.gov/Hennepin

Show All Answers

1. What do I do if I see someone panhandling?
2. How can I get fingerprinted?
3. Does the City have an alarm policy?
4. Do you allow soliciting in Edina?
5. If I’m in a car accident, do I need to call the police?
6. I received a citation. How do I pay it or contest it?
7. How can I get a copy of a police or accident report?
8. Is there a curfew for juveniles in Edina?
9. How do I get property back or contact the lost and found?
10. I want to thank an officer or Police staff member. How do I do that?
11. Can I file a complaint online against a police officer or other Edina Police Department member?
12. How do I apply for a permit to purchase a gun or report a firearm transfer?
13. How do I properly dispose of medication?
14. Are there any predatory offenders in the community, and where do they live?
15. Where can I report elder abuse?
16. Where can I get help for domestic abuse?
17. May I park on the street in the winter?
18. How can I make a donation to help prevent crime in Edina?