How do I get a license for my dog?

Licensing a dog - new or renewal - can be done online or in person. Renewals also can be done by mail.


In Person

Visit the Edina Police Department office at City Hall, 4801 W. 50th St., 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. weekdays. 

Renewals by Mail

Send current rabies vaccination information and a check for the licensing fee to: 

Edina Police Division
4801 W 50th Street
Edina, MN 55424-1394

Expiration: All dog licenses expire Dec. 31 of each year.


  • $20 - neutered or spayed dog
  • $30 - dog not spayed or neutered
  • $6 - duplicate tag (if you lost previous one)
  • $10 - late fee for licenses renewed after March 1

License numbers are valid for the life of a dog. Request a new number only if the tag is unreadable.

Off-Leash Collars

Off-leash collars are required on dogs using the off-leash dog park at Van Valkenburg Park. You can buy one when you get your license (either online or in person) or purchase it separately using the Off-Leash Collar form.

Show All Answers

1. How do I get a license for my dog?
2. How do I get an off-leash collar for my dog?
3. Can I raise chickens on my property?
4. What can I do about my neighbor’s barking dog?