Gopher State One Call takes requests from callers who plan to do excavation work. The utility companies or a utility locating services company mark the locations of the underground utilities with corresponding paint and flags.
- White = Proposed excavation
- Pink = Temporary survey markings
- Red = Electric power lines, cables, conduit and lighting cables
- Yellow = Gas, oil, steam, petroleum or gaseous materials
- Blue = Potable water
- Purple = Reclaimed water, irrigation and slurry lines
- Green = Sewer and Drain Lines.