Are there any predatory offenders in the community, and where do they live?

Approximately 19,000 registered predatory offenders lived in Minnesota as of January 2020. State law limits public notification of sex offenders to what’s known as Level 3 offenders, those who are deemed more likely to reoffend.

Search for Level 3 offenders by city, county, name or zip code on the state’s sex offender tracking site.

If a Level 3 offender moved in to Edina, that would require a community notification meeting and a public notice published in the Edina Sun-Current along with other notification methods.

Learn more about community notification and how to protect your family from sex offenders on the state’s Community Notification information page.

For more information, contact Edina Police Detective Kenna Dick at 952-826-0491. For information about noncompliant registered predatory offenders, see the Minnesota Bureau of Criminal Apprehension site.

Show All Answers

1. What do I do if I see someone panhandling?
2. How can I get fingerprinted?
3. Does the City have an alarm policy?
4. Do you allow soliciting in Edina?
5. If I’m in a car accident, do I need to call the police?
6. I received a citation. How do I pay it or contest it?
7. How can I get a copy of a police or accident report?
8. Is there a curfew for juveniles in Edina?
9. How do I get property back or contact the lost and found?
10. I want to thank an officer or Police staff member. How do I do that?
11. Can I file a complaint online against a police officer or other Edina Police Department member?
12. How do I apply for a permit to purchase a gun or report a firearm transfer?
13. How do I properly dispose of medication?
14. Are there any predatory offenders in the community, and where do they live?
15. Where can I report elder abuse?
16. Where can I get help for domestic abuse?
17. May I park on the street in the winter?
18. How can I make a donation to help prevent crime in Edina?