View all facilities
Van Valkenburg Park
- Baseball / Softball
- Baseball / Softball Diamond
- Off-Leash Area
OverviewVan Valkenburg Park is a 42-acre park located on Lincoln Drive in Northwest Edina. This large park is perfect for baseball games and tournaments, featuring three softball fields, bleachers, scoreboards and even a concessions stand and bathrooms. Van Valkenburg Park also has plenty of parking for busy baseball leagues.
Off-Leash Dog AreaThe park is also home to the City's first off-leash dog area (OLA), which is open 6 a.m. to 10 p.m. Dogs must wear a special collar, which changes color each year, while in the OLA, identifying them as leash-free permit holders. Cost for the permit is $25 for residents and $50 for non-residents. Discounts are available for multiple dogs. Collars can be purchased at Edina City Hall.
Off-Leash Use Area Rules & Regulations
- Dogs must be properly vaccinated.
- Dogs must be leashed when entering and exiting the off-leash area.
- The dog owner is responsible for damage and injuries inflicted by his or her dog.
- Individual dogs known to be aggressive are not permitted.
- Owners must clean up after their dogs and properly dispose of waste.
- Children under the age of 12 must be closely supervised by an adult while in the OLA.
- Children under the age of 6 are not allowed within in the OLA.
- Glass containers are not allowed within the OLA.
- Smoking is not allowed within the OLA.
- Female dogs in season are not allowed within the OLA.
- Unauthorized motorized equipment, vehicles and bikes are not allowed within the OLA.