How do I dispose of unwanted medication or needles?

Edina Fire Department does not accept unwanted medications, prescription or nonprescription drugs, syringes, lancets or EpiPens.

Medications: Visit this Hennepin County page for guidelines and a list or map of places that accept medications (please note most do not take any needles).

Syringes, lancets and other needles: Hennepin County offers these guidelines and tips along with options for disposal. Residents also visit the Problem Waste Drop-off Center at 1400 W. 96th St. in Bloomington.

Show All Answers

1. How do I pay my ambulance bill?
2. Where do I obtain a Recreational Fire Permit?
3. How can I get a copy of my ambulance run report?
4. How do I dispose of unwanted medication or needles?
5. Can I have a grill on the deck or patio of my apartment or condo?
6. Does the Fire Department do blood pressure checks?
7. How can I post emergency information (Life File) in my home for paramedics to find?
8. Where can I get my Fire extinguishers serviced?
9. Does the Fire Department check car seats?
10. Can I tour the fire station?
11. How do I reserve a public education event?
12. Can I have a birthday party at the fire station?
13. How do I schedule a fire truck to visit my block party?
14. Can I have a recreational fire?
15. Where can I dispose of an expired fire extinguisher?