City of Edina Form Center

Find your form, fill it out and submit online.
By signing in or creating an account, some fields will auto-populate with your information and your submitted forms will be saved and accessible to you.

Peddler & Solicitor Permits

    Please note due to COVID-19, the Edina Police Department is not currently accepting or processing solicitor permits.
  2. Door-to-Door Sales
    Often people come through the community selling goods or services such as magazines, wood, snow removal, etc. Door-to-door sales are not illegal and many of these are legitimate vendors. The Edina Police Department encourages residents to review the following information.
  3. Registration
    All peddlers/solicitors must register at the police department. Some need to obtain a permit which must be displayed on an outer garment. Not-for-profit groups need only register and do not require a permit. K-12 students selling goods are not required to register or purchase a permit.
  4. Restrictions
    In addition to the restrictions described, peddlers/solicitors:
  5. - Must conduct business only between 9 a.m. and 8 p.m.
  6. - May attempt contact only at the main entrance or front door of a residence and may not walk on the side or rear of the residence.
  7. - Must leave promptly after contact or attempt to make contact.
  8. - May not commit any act constituting harassment, nuisance, menace, theft or deceit.
  9. Prohibited by Placard
    Peddlers and solicitors may be prohibited by placard. Any resident who wishes to exclude peddlers or solicitors from their dwelling may place near the usual entrance to the dwelling a printed placard or sign bearing the following notice: "Peddlers and Solicitors Prohibited." The placard shall be at least 3 3/4 inches long and 3 3/4 inches wide and the printing shall be no smaller than 48-point type. These placards are available at City Hall and may be purchased for $3 between 8 a.m. and 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday.
  10. Violation of Placard
    A resident who displays the placard and still has a peddler or solicitor attempt to make contact should call 911, state the situation and give a concise description of the peddler, his vehicle and his direction of travel. An officer will be dispatched to talk with the peddler.
  11. Suspicious Activity
    A resident who does not display the placard may call 911 if he or she notices any suspicious activity with the peddler (such as looking into vehicles or garages, refuses to leave property, etc.) or has reasonable fear or concern for his/her safety.
  12. Leave This Blank: