Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
Upon accepting a volunteer role with the City of Edina [City], volunteers are asked to accept the terms outlined in this agreement.
From time to time volunteers may have access to non-public information. If volunteers whose job responsibilities require them to have access, they must:
- Not discuss, disclose or otherwise release the data
- Not leave data where non-authorized individuals might see it
- Not destroy or shred data unless specifically authorized by their supervisor
Volunteers must pay careful attention to and abide by the City’s Data Practice’s Policy. If a volunteer has a question about data and it is public vs nonpublic status, check with the volunteer director supervisor.
The City of Edina strives to maintain a respectful workplace and public service environment that is free from violence, discrimination and other offensive behavior. Such behavior can create an offensive work environment, adversely affect positive working relationships and decrease productivity. Maintaining a respectful and safe work environment is a shared responsibility of management, employees and volunteers.
No City of Edina volunteer shall engage in verbal or physical conduct that is threatening, hostile or discriminatory toward an individual because of the person’s race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, disability, age, membership on a local human rights commission, sexual orientation or any other legally protected class. Furthermore, this conduct is illegal if the conduct:
- Has the purpose or effect of unreasonably interfering with the person’s work performance; or
- Otherwise adversely affects that person’s employment opportunities.
Violation of this policy could result in reassignment or termination from your volunteer assignment.
- I hereby consent, authorize and assign any and all rights to the City of Edina, its agents, officers, employees and all other persons or entities to whom release or circulation may be made including news and media organizations to use, reproduce, prepare, publish, distribute, exhibit or broadcast photos, videos, film and audio recordings (whether or not edited, retouched, altered or otherwise changed or modified) any picture, portrait or likeness of me for use in publicity releases in newspapers, the City’s website(s) or videos, or any other City publication.
- I further consent and authorize the above and others to release or circulate the same in any manner for any and all purposes in any form with or without my name, group or organization or other identification or the names of others covered by this release.
- I understand the photos, videos, film and/or audio recordings will be viewed by the general public and that other use may be made of them.
- I further agree and consent that the City of Edina and others are not responsible for any misappropriation of the photos, videos, film and /or audio recordings by any member of the general public or anyone else.
- I waive all right of privacy or compensation which I may have in connection with such use of my picture, portrait or likeness by the City.
Credit for volunteer photographers will follow practices used for crediting staff. (The photographer will be given credit in written publications the first few months a photo is in use. Thereafter, the photo credit will be listed as “File Photo.”) Volunteer photographers retain the rights to sell or use their photographs for other use, but agree to the City’s Submitted Photo Policy which allows the City to use the photos indefinitely
The City’s Volunteer Handbook provides volunteers with in depth information on guidelines and policies for volunteers serving the City. It is important for volunteers to read the book in its entirety.
* indicates a required field