City of Edina Form Center

Sign in is not required. Account/profile passwords expire after 90 days

Payments (if required): Select Proceed to Checkout to complete your transaction as a guest. A receipt of your transaction will be emailed to you from "[email protected]" but can take a few hours to show up. For an immediate receipt, choose the Print Receipt option when you reach the payment confirmation screen.

Do not use your browser's back button or you will lose all the information provided so far.
By signing in or creating an account, some fields will auto-populate with your information and your submitted forms will be saved and accessible to you.
The following form may request personally identifiable or protected health information. Please see our Privacy Policy for details. This form is encrypted. SSL is on to ensure a higher level of security. A recaptcha must be completed before submission, you cannot save progress, and you cannot receive an email copy of the form.

Mobile Food Unit License Application


  1. 1. Application Details
  2. 2. Insurance
  3. 3. Food Handling Procedures
  4. 4. Food Safety Tips
  5. 5. Submission
  • Application Details

    1. A Mobile Food Unit is a food and beverage service establishment that is a vehicle mounted unit, either:

      1. motorized or trailered, operating no more than 21 days annually at any one place, or operating more than 21 days annually at any one place with the approval of the regulatory authority as defined in Minnesota Rules, part 4626.0020, subpart 70; or

    2. 2. operated in conjunction with a permanent business licensed under this chapter or chapter 28A at the site of the permanent business by the same individual or company, and readily movable, without disassembling, for transport to another location.

    3. Edina Mobile Food Unit (MFU) Regulations

      MFUs may operate only as an accessory use to a Taproom, Winery, Distillery, or Cocktail room in an industrial district. Or, in conjunction with an event with prior approval from the City.

    4. MFUs must obtain a license from the City of Edina Health Division prior to operation. This process may include plan review of new MFUs if not completed by another Health Department.

    5. MFUs must pass an annual fire safety inspection by the Edina Fire Department (EFD) and comply with EFD requirements provided in this application.

    6. MFU must meet Department of Transportation regulations to operate or park on public ways.

    7. License Fee: $240

      Once you submit this application, it will be reviewed. You will be contacted on how to pay the $240 fee.

      Please note this is only an application. It must be approved and the fee paid before you will receive a license.