April 20, 2023
Clothing donations can be dropped off April 19 at the Edina Senior Center, 5280 Grandview Square #101, from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. or April 20 at Braemar's Backyard Rink any time after 3 p.m. Swap begins at 4 p.m. Reuse Fashion Show is at 6 p.m.
Braemar Arena - Backyard Rink
7501 Ikola Way
Edina, MN 55439
Earth Day Community Clothing Swap
Thursday, April 20, 2023
Clean out your closets and join us for an Earth Day clothing exchange!
Drop off items you no longer wear and pick up something new to you. Clothing in good condition for all ages and sizes welcome.
Bring sneakers for a special sneaker drive from the Pinky Swear Foundation and GotSneakers.
This event debuted in 2022 and was a roaring success. The swap featured everything from kids play clothes to designer fashion. New this year is a Reuse Fashion Show.
Any clothing not selected during the swap will be donated to charity.
Learn more about this event.
Clothing "Schwapping" Rules
Welcome to the party! Please read and follow the rules so everyone has a safe and fun experience!
- Open to everyone; you do not need to be an Edina resident to participate.
- Donations are limited to one large bag or tote per guest.
- Please hand items to the volunteers at the front of the entrance. Volunteers will then weigh the bag and place items on the tables for shwapping.
- All human clothes are acceptable. This includes adult and children’s clothing, accessories and jewelry. No undergarments, socks, swimsuits, costumes or gear is allowed. Please ask ahead of time if you are unsure if an item can be taken.
- Shoes are allowed if they are clean and are in good condition. Shoes for the Used Sneaker Fundraiser will be collected in a separate container.
- Everything should be washed, dry and in good repair. High-value items in need of small repairs (broken zipper, missing button, etc.) are acceptable.
- Once items have been placed onto the tables for shwapping, they are considered forfeit and will not be returned to participants.
- Make sure to clean out any pockets or purses before donating.
- Participants do not have to bring items to take items. Participants must bring their own bags to take items home in.
- Do not leave any personal items left unattended as they may be confused with swap items.
- Please keep food and beverages away from tables.
- Items left over from the swap will be donated through the MN DAV organization, davmn.org.